As I am getting ready to set out on my adventure I have started to think about some of the topics to discuss and have also been collecting ideas from people. So, if all goes according to plan and in no particular order, here are some of the topics I plan on covering:
- Children playing at the Jet Propulsion Lab, M.I.T Instrumention Lab and Draper Lab ( I was one of them)
- Some interesting adventures from the Polaris missile program
- The first NASA contract (hint, hint guess who won it?)
- Behind the scenes at Apollo – some errors and mishaps
- Astronauts – what some of them were really like
- Programming software in the NASA Apollo era
- My fathers first car (yes there is a story there)
- The current M.I.T curriculum (trust me, it’s a classic!)
- Lickly Corners. Yes there is such a place! (It’s where Lickley road meets Tamarack Rd. Duh!)
- Hardball squash
Looks like we are taking the northern route, so if anyone has suggestions on places to eat or things to see, I am all ears and stomach!
Here’s a picture of the young man I will be spending the next few days with.
4 thoughts on “Preview Edition”
Such a wonderful opportunity. I’m a bit envious. One fun suggestion… If you’re a fan of Diners, Drive-In’s and Dives… See what places are along your route.
Keep us posted on your trip.
Thank you! I am big time! prepping on options. Taking the northern route
Jeni’s Splendid Ice Cream, http://www.jenis.com. I always go to their first location in Columbus (see website) and it is always worth a side trip. You may be closer to some of their other locations. Sweet corn and Blackberry ice cream is my favorite, but it’s not the season yet. Great sorbet, too.
Thank you! My father has been know to like a scoop or two…. for breakfast! ;-}